This new years eve was a bit special, two friends to the family got married and I sewed her dress. I know that one should not wear black to a wedding but as this was a “not so formal” wedding and it was new years eve and the bride told me that it was totally fine I ignored that.
This dress is sewn in gray (see, not totally black!) taffeta with a black flock printed pattern on it that I found at Ohlssons tyger, I have the exact same fabric but in red as curtains in my bedroom ;) I really like this fabric.
I tried to match the pattern on the bodice part, but I gave up. To much shapes to make it possible so I decided to have gray piping in the seams in stead, to make the parts divided and the “brake” between the patterns sharp and clear. That way you would not be bothered if the pattern did not match. I did match the pattern center back were the hidden zipper is.
The dress is sewn to fit my body with a corset on, 10 cm smaller than my natural waist. I wanted the “new look” visuals, wasp waist and big skirt so I used the same petticoat as I had under my Christmas dress.
The pattern for this dress is based on the same as the one for my Christmas dress but with a lot of alterations. As the icing on the cake I have a detachable bow in the back.